Seniors are prone to falling due to their lack of balance and coordination. It is one of the most common causes of senior accidents that lead to hospitalization in the world.
As a home health care agency, we are experts when it comes to senior care. And we’re here to help you take care of your senior loved one. Below are tips you can follow to prevent fall accidents at home:
- Use adequate lighting. Install brighter lights in high traffic areas, such as the stairways, narrow hallways, bathrooms, and more.
- Remove all unnecessary clutter. One of the best ways that can help prevent falls is to tidy up your home. Clean up all clutters, such as old magazines and stacks of old newspapers, toys, and books.
- Install safety devices. It’s important to install safety devices, such as handrails and grab bars, especially inside the bathroom, to help you step in and out of the bathroom without injuring yourself.
- Remove tripping hazards. Some home fixtures and furniture can contribute to falls and other types of physical injury. It’s best to examine every room and make sure to remove or replace that might cause falls.
- Live on one level. Stairs are one of the most common contributors to accidents inside the home. Even with safety precautions, such as guardrails, it can still be a significant falling hazard. It is much safer if you live on one level.
If you’re looking for top-quality home care services in Brooklyn, New York, then you are in the right place!
F.A.B LLC Homecare Services offers skilled nursing, physical therapy, and home health aide in New York, among others.
We provide HOMECARE services to the Five boroughs and Nassau County. Talk to us at 646-664-8946 today!